Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Chickens

The best thing about spring is all the baby animals!! Our grandpa John brought some baby chicks over to his house for us to enjoy while we were there this last weekend. They were so cute and the kids loved them!



Caleb and the little chick
A very excited Jacob and his chick

He just couldn't get enough of them.


Jacob showing a very cautious Caleb
Jacob and my little cousin Austin, each holding a chick.

(Funny thing, I love the little baby chicks but I'm really scared of chickens. Always have been.)

9 comments:

the Kates said...

soooooo cute! Last year on Easter our friend Allison (she's a kindergarten teacher) had little baby chicks. They seriously are so cute! How fun is grandpa John. p.s. i never knew you were scared of chickens. the end.

Gage said...

You just better hope that Jacob isn't into real chicks like he is into baby chicks. That could be some hard teenage years for you :):)

Heather said...

Those are adorable! I love that first picture of Jacob with the chick. He is such a funny kid!

Kristi said...

I love love love the third picture, Jacob's expression is priceless! That was so thoughtful of your grandpa!

Harvey Family said...

How fun for your boys!!

6 cute kids said...

that's because chickens peck you legs. I still have scars from the chickens at your barn to prove it!

Marie Says Yes said...

fearing chickens is just good sense. fear of all birds is both logical and ethical.

Megan said...

Love the chicks! We have had our share then one day Jory brought home like 10 chickens... wow, that was crazy! We seriously are the funny farm here!

TeamDall said...

Those are cute pictures. I'm embarassed that I'm the 9th commentator. Love ya.