Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Why We Have 2 Cats

I'm not a cat person. I am more of a dog person. I wouldn't have a cat if it weren't for the mice. That is why we got a cat in the first place. The cat we have is awesome. I feed it like once a week and it doesn't beg for attention, but it does catch mice very well. Since we got our cat our mouse problem has been very minimal. Well, last week it became very necessary to get another cat. Now we have 2 cats. Jacob loves the new little kitty and is so cute with her, hence this cute photo.
The reason we decided to get another cat is because...are you ready?...I touched a dead mouse with my bare hand. Yes. You read that right. With my bare hand. How, you might ask? I was cleaning up my bedroom and I thought I could smell something a little off but just thought it was Clay's dirty socks. I was getting things out from under my bed when I thought I saw one of Jacob's missing church socks. I reached under the bed and picked it us and immediately realized that it was a mouse. A dead mouse. In my house. Honestly. I dropped it and ran around the house screaming bloody murder. Luckily Clay was home so he was able to take care of it, but I was certain that I was going to die. I washed my had so much I think I rubbed all the skin off. Honestly. This sort of thing shouldn't happen to me. I hate mice so bad. I am still very traumatized by this whole experience. Obviously the cat isn't doing it's job very well so we had to adopt reinforcements. Hopefully between the two of them they can make sure this doesn't ever happen again.

Moral of the story: Even if you hate cats, one cat is never enough. And mice stink. And I'm glad to be alive. I hate mice.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow! You are lucky to be alive after something like that. Yuck. Gag. Blick. I hate mice. I am truly truly sorry that happened to you. You so totally did not deserve that. Way to let your pets handle the situation. Also, way to only feed your cat once a week. That makes me feel better about the fact that I've been feeding my dog cheerios the last three days. To lazy to go to the store. Cute kitty!

Marie Says Yes said...

oh. my. good. golly. gosh. worst story i have ever heard! i'm still running around my house screaming!!! poor niece. poor, poor niece. i'm so glad you have two cats. i will never reach under my bed again!

Randi A. said...

GROSS RoseAnna! ACK!! Better luck with your new kitty addition! YUCK! I am so grossed out right now.

(PS. Love your blog backdrop!!)

Karissa said...

Dear RoseAnna,
I am so glad you lived through that because it would have surely killed me. Or forced me to move far, far away. Just to be safe, you might want to wash your hands a few dozen more times. Just looking out for you.
Love,
Karissa

the Kates said...

I'm glad you are alive. the end.

Heather said...

Eww, eww, eww! I'm glad you made it through that traumatizing experience. I don't know if I could have...

Team Shelton said...

Did you know cats bring their catch (in this case a mouse) to their owners as a sign of respect.

Your cat probably caught the mouse and brought it to you, but you were sleeping so it had to leave it under the bed. So really your cat was just showing his love to you. You should be thanking him if you ask me.

Melanie said...

I feel for you - having once stepped on a live mouse with bare feet! Mice are gross (as are cats), but you gotta do what you gotta do. Good luck with your problem. Your new best friend should be Decon!