Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Owie

4 weeks ago little Caleb got an owie. A big owie. I have heard that little girls are very dramatic but Caleb is the most dramatic boy I have ever seen. He got 3 burns on his fingers by touching a very hot hot-dog. I will admit that the burns were pretty bad and I know they really hurt. After about 2 weeks, they looked all better and I know they didn't hurt anymore. Caleb insisted on keeping band-aids on them and he kept his hand in a fist. He would keep it so tight, his knuckles would turn white. I don't think he ever opened them up because when you opened his hand, it was all stinky and white and wrinkly. One day I decided to take the band-aids off and he cried for an entire hour until I put another band-aid on.
He even learned how to eat with his left hand

Here is his little fist
He is showing me his owie
And again, showing his owie
He would just walk around saying- "Hot-dog did it. Big owie."

Well, thanks to my parents, Caleb has been weaned from his band-aids and is now able to open his hand. Yeah Caleb!

3 comments:

Harvey Family said...

Caleb is such a handsome little guy! Isn't it funny how much kids love band-aids? Brigham burned himself pretty bad a few weeks ago too. I couldn't get the bandage off without him throwing a huge tantrum. I'm glad Caleb is feeling better and can use both hands now :) So cute!

Marie Says Yes said...

gotta watch those hotdogs! they can't be trusted.

The Bunnell's said...

He is so sweet! It is amazing the magic that a bandage have :) I am glad his ahnd is doing better!