Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Time For The Farm

Clay is obsessed with being a full time farmer. I am not. The compromise is that Clay can farm a little on the side. Before we made the jump into buying a piece of land, we decided to lease a farm to make sure it was going to work out. It really has been pretty good. Clay grew about 60 acres of oats and since we don't have anywhere to store the grain, Clay decided to turn it into oat hay. This is his first cutting. Jacob was so excited that he could hardly stand it. He rode around with Clay all evening and would have kept going all night. Caleb and I lasted 2 passes.

Jacob, Clay and Caleb in front of the tractor
Caleb and Jacob in front of the oats

There goes Clay and Jacob

There is the field, half cut

I'm glad that Clay had this opportunity to do what he really loves. Jacob is also really glad! Like father, like son.

2 comments:

Gage said...

do you guys own all the equipment and stuff. That sounds fun...my boys would love to ride in the tractor.

TeamDall said...

That's so cool! I hope Caleb follows in Jacob's footsetps and gets some one on one time avec le tracteur!