We went to see the lights at Temple Square on New Years Day to say a final goodbye to the holiday season. (I just got these pictures from my sister) It had been a while since I had been to see the lights and I'm really glad we went. Jacob loved the lights but was really upset that we didn't get to go inside the temple.
Carter, Aunt Katrina, and Jacob
Our family
Jacob, Carter and Grandpa John
Our family with a pathetic attempt to get the lights in the background. I always forget that you can't ever get a good picture of the lights.I took down our tree and decorations and for some reason I was a lot sadder than I have been in the past. I hope I'm always sad to see it be over. As parents, Clay and I really tried teach Jacob about what Christmas is all about...not Santa, but Christ. It was really good because I found myself always thinking about it because I was trying to think of ways to show Jacob. I don't know if he got anything out of it but I know I did. I spent more time studying about Christ and His life this Christmas than I ever have at Christmas before. I think that is why I'm so sad to see it end. I guess what I'm trying to say is it would be a good thing to study like that all the time. I know that, so why is it so hard? I guess as long as it's a goal and I'm trying to reach it I'll be okay. Any suggestions?
Oh, when I took down the decorations, Jacob was in the other room. When he came in and saw everything was gone, he just started crying and shouted, "Somebody ruined my Christmas." Sorry buddy. We'll get a new tree next year!!
Thanks to everyone who made this season so special!


4 comments:
That was a very lovely post and a nice commentary on the season. I, too, am very sad to see the end of Christmas. Luckily with little kids, they still beg to listen to Christmas music so it's lasting a little longer for me:) Love ya!
What a fun trip to temple square! Hey-I just wanted you to know that we made our blog private, so if you want an invite send me an email to heather.passey@aggiemail.usu.edu. Love ya!
hey, you christmas ruiner.
you have an aunt that loves you! and an aunt who has joined the digital age with a low-quality blog.
www.thoseburdettekids.blogspot.com
we love you here in hurricane!
aunt marie.
Great Christmas! Those gators are great! My mom and dad have one for all the grandkids to ride. Maklee loved it this summer. It will be great for you in the summer because that will keep both of your boys busy. Way to go Santa!Take care.
Post a Comment