Caleb lost his best friend ...white binky. Yes, it will be a hard separation that I hope we survive. Before I had kids I thought it was ridiculous for kids to have binky's after age 1. Then I had kids and my first kid had his binky until he was 2 1/2. Yes, I ate my words on that one. Since then, I have decided that I am addicted to the binky. The kids go down to sleep without crying or fighting. I feel like it just makes my life a little easier. Clay on the other hand thinks the opposite. He thinks Caleb is too old for a binky and he HATED that Jacob had his for so long. So we made a deal that when Caleb lost all of his binky's he was done. Well it happened. The last binky is gone and I'm so sad. He cried really hard and woke up like 3 times the first night. So far we are all still alive. I hope it gets better. So, white binky, we will miss you. Farewell dear friend.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
We're addicted to the "me me" (that's what we call it our house) too. Jace never took one, but Brooklyn does, and I love it! I'm sure I won't love it when I have to take it away...
I hope that binky doesn't show up after you break him. Macie never liked a binky until her little sister did. Then once the 3 month old was done with it, I had to wean the 3 year old. Oh the joy of binkies. I hope all goes well!
We are really liking Arizona! Especially since we can wear sandals and short sleeves to church right now...
Poor baby! Hope he's surviving!...It's been about a week, it really does get easier after that. We had the same thing with TJ & Grace we took them away at a year it made for a hard week but it was worth it!
we are sorry for your loss-
p.s. this is an INCREDIBLY cute picture of caleb!!!
I will grieve with you RoseAnna. Good thing little Caleb is so resiliant. I'm sure he'll get over this in no time. Love ya!
I'm afraid I'm going to have to do the same thing soon for my little Amy. Its not fun, but they always get over it :)
boy, i fear that day for olivia! loveya!
I adore our pacifiers. As long as Hudson is over them by the time he has to go to preschool, I'm happy. Cuz you are right, it helps him go to sleep. It makes him happy, what's not to love!
Good luck with the end of that lovely period. :)
I feel your pain and commend you for making the second one give it up at a younger age. I hope I too have the strength when my day comes to break the second child of the binky--but I fear I will repeat past mistakes due to my own addiction to the binky. Sleep is just so hard to sacrifice!
**sob** I'm afraid Will will have his until Kindergarten.
I am with you. My mom actually cut Aliyah's when they came down for New Year and she is still asking for it. (It's been like 3 weeks!) She won't go to bed if I'm not holding her and then she is waking up at 6...6! What do I do? Is Caleb coping fine without it?
Post a Comment