Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fighting Fires

Vernal is honestly one of the coldest places I have ever been. Freezing. To help with the heating bill we burn wood in our wood burning stove. It can get really hot sometimes. The other night we were awakened by our fire alarm at midnight. We rush out of our bedroom and our living room is full of smoke. I start freaking out, but we realize that the pot that we put on our stove with water has started to melt and is cooking on top of the stove. It was the worst burning plastic smell ever. It took Clay about 3 hours to get rid of all the smoke and get the fire put out. Our house was so smelly for the next 24 hours, but we were so blessed that our house didn't burn down, especially right before Christmas. It was just another reminder that Heavenly Father is watching over our family. When we have family prayer, we usually ask for a safe sleep and to be warned of any danger that may befall our family. I usually don't think too much about it but now, I do. I know that our home was spared from a fire and we were protected. What a wonderful blessing to have a loving Heavenly Father to watch over us. We are currently being more careful!
*********

On the lighter side, this is a picture of Caleb playing "Fighter Fire"
He dresses up in the gloves and hat his Grandma Dianne made for him and runs around the house putting out fires and saving the day! Our little hero!
This is Caleb after he rescued a cat from a tree

1 comments:

melissa said...

OH that is so scary I'm glad it all worked out okay! That is one of my biggest fears, so I'm kinda glad we don't have a wood stove anymore. But, I do miss it. It makes it feel all warm and toasty and the smell makes me think of Christmas.