I was at Walmart last night and I witnessed something that made me very angry. I can't stop thinking about it so I thought I would go public with it so I can start to relax.
While I was walking into Walmart, there was a little girl, only about 4 or 5 years old, just standing by herself crying by the front doors. The first reaction for a kind person would be that this little girl needed help. The lady that was walking in front of me stopped and asked her if she lost her mommy. I stopped to see if they needed my help paging the mom. The little girl was crying so hard she couldn't say anything. The lady decided to just wait by the little girl until they found her mother and I was going to go to the service desk to have her mother paged. While I was getting my kids into a cart the mother of the little girl came up and started yelling at the lady. I mean really yelling at her! She was saying stuff like, "How dare you talk to my child, she's in trouble. Mind your own business. This is my child, you don't need to take care of my @#%* kid." The kind lady tried to explain herself but the mom just kept yelling and swearing. The nice lady didn't touch the child or get too close. She was just very concerned about the little girl all by herself crying. Who wouldn't be? The mom ended up grabbing the little girl and practically dragged her across the parking lot, still yelling at the kind lady. I was so mad. We were with the little girl for about 5 minutes before the mom showed up. Who knows how long she was there before that. How easy would it be for someone to drive up and pull her into their car? She was so little.
Honestly, if you're just going to get yelled at for doing something nice, why bother. I hate that the world has come to this, people are actually afraid to help. I also hate that someone like that is a mother when there are plenty of wonderful people who would be wonderful parents who don't have children. It's just so sad and unfair. I guess Heavenly Father has a plan. It's just hard for us on earth who can't see the whole plan. This made me want to help in that situation even more, but what about others that saw this happen? Hopefully this mothers' actions don't scare other citizens from being kind and helping when needed.


12 comments:
Wow, I can't believe that. How frustrating. I would have wanted to slap that lady across the face. Ugh!
That is so sad. Things like that are the reason I want to go into Social Work...to try to stop it. It still happens though, and it's frustrating when we can't really do anything about it.
I am so mad inside and I wasn't even there. I hope that mother calms down a little and realizes what a blessing it is to have a child.
That makes me so sad. I guess all we can do is try to continue to reach out to the victims of situations like these.
Oh- that breaks my heart- that poor little girl. Interestingly and unfortunately enough, I have encountered situations quite similar- what frustration! It makes me want to be a better mom!!!
WOW- that is over the top!! I would have told the lady maybe you should have just taken her home instead of leaving her by the door crying? DUH, sometimes people are so dumb! I am constantly amazed when I go to wal-mart I always see mom's yelling at their kids or being mean to them, just makes ya wonder sometimes and feel bad for the poor kids! I'm with you though, it makes ya wonder how many people don't do nice things anymore because of crazy experiences like this....
roseanna, i like you. i like that that situation hurt you, because it says what a wonderful person you are. keep being wonderful. your personal bubble will be very happy that way. love you.
Yikes! It is a sad world and it seems like it is getting worse with this economy-people are stingier and so much more crap going on :(
Isn't that sick? I swear with my job, I want to just tell off so many parents. No wonder why we have so many behavior kids already in first grade! I wish I could just take them home with me. I guess that is a good example of why I do what I do. So many kids really need someone to teach them. Not just academics, but life skills.
Hope your doing well girl!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR ROSEANNA!!! WE ARE THINKING OF YOU TODAY!!!
That is ridiculous! Maybe you were on an episode of 20/20 what would you do... just think that to ease your mind! Happy Birthday Roseanna, I hope that you had a great day! Love Ya!
Sheesh. Hopefully her child can at least have the sense to recognize what happened and know that her mom is psycho. I think that some moms just know they are bad moms, so they have to get really defensive and try to convince themselves they are good moms. And they take it out on other people to make themselves feel like they did something good for their kid. What a wacko. But Happy Birthday to 1/2 your family! Kallie will be 2 in a few months and the signs of a 2-year old are very apparent. Here's to a joyful few years for the both of us!
Post a Comment