Lets start at the beginning...my little dog Jazzy went into heat the first part of December. (We didn't get her fixed because someone told us that if she had puppies she would be better tempered.) I thought she was too young to have puppies so I did everything that I could to keep my dogs apart. Over the next couple of weeks Jazzy kept getting more pregnant looking. I finally took her to the vet 2 weeks ago and after an x-ray and $50 they told me she wasn't pregnant and she was most likely having a "false pregnancy" where her body thinks she's pregnant but she really isn't. So I took their word and told everyone that made a comment about how fat Jazzy looked that she wasn't pregnant. Well last night I went to feed the dogs and I freaked out because I thought she caught a mouse and left it in her kennel. Clay went in there and informed me that she had 4 little puppies in there. So I guess vets don't know everything!

Here is one of the little puppies
Caleb and Jacob think this is the best thing ever!
Caleb thought it was so funny when it was crawling on his legs. It was so cute!
Here is the very nervous Jazzy and Jacob with the puppy.
And this is what Jacob has been doing all day. Honestly I can't keep him out of there. This morning I took Jacob in and told him to look in Jazzy's bed.
This was our conversation:
Jacob: "Jazzy had birds! Where are the eggs?"
Me: "Those are puppies."
Jacob: " Oh. But where are the eggs? Did Jazzy eat them?"
Me: "Puppies come out of mommy dogs tummies, not eggs."
Jacob: "Oh, after they eat the eggs, right?"
Then we had a little lesson about mammals and reptiles/birds. That was my day!
(There are 3 girls and 1 boy- all black pure miniature schnauzers)


14 comments:
how cute are those little puppies and even cuter are the boys with those puppies.
Cute puppies! It seems to me like you always have puppies or maybe that's the only time I talk to you? Your boys are so dang cute. You look like you are having so much fun with them too.
Oh my gosh! I can't believe that the vet told you she wasn't pregnant! What a surprise. They are darling. I bet your boys are just in heaven.
Ok, so those are the cutest little things!! I can't believe the vet missed 4 little puppies!
I would demand a refund from the vet. How do you miss that she wasn't pregnant. Way cute puppies. Makes me miss the days when we use to breed our Dalmatian dogs. Have fun with the puppies.
They are so CUTE! What a fun little surprise. You should tell the vet to give you back your 50 bucks!
What a fun surprise!! They are so stinkin cute. I am still laughing about your conversation with Jacob... lol
Hmmm . . . I sure do wish I knew a good vet that could have told you the TRUTH about your puppies! Just kidding! I'm sure glad she did have puppies though because they are dang cute! And, I have to agree with the above comments that your boys are even cuter.
Wow! I would have freaked out. I can't believe they missed that at the Vet!
I just showed Carter the pictures of the puppies and he's decided we're coming immediately.
get your fifty bucks back, tell the kids to take care of the puppies, and lets go blow that money in vegas. congratulations ... does this make you a puppy grandma?
Those are adorable! And Jacob is hilarious :)
So next time I gain a little weight I can tell everyone I am having a false pregnancy?
Did you get your $50 back from vet? You should tell them give me my money or you have bought yourself some adorable puppies;)
Post a Comment