Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wishin' To Go Fishin'

All winter long, Jacob kept asking when he could go fishing. We kept telling him "in the summer." (We're not big into ice-fishing.) As soon as the weather started to warm up in the spring he started bugging Clay to take him fishing. We decided to run up on the mountain and go fishing of Friday afternoon. The weather was just starting to get bad but Jacob really wanted to go, so we went. Before Clay could even sit down, after casting his line, he had a smalish fish. Jacob helped him reel it in and then they released it.

Clay and Caleb fishing

Jacob, our pro fisherman

Caleb our pro scardy-cat


The boys helping Clay reel in the fish

Clay and Jacob with their first catch
But later that day...
Jacob was sitting with his little Spider Man pole in the water and all of the sudden his "line went ziiiinggggg" (his words, not mine)
He had a really big fish on his line. He reeled as fast as he could and got it most of the way in. Then Clay had to help his get it the rest of the way in. Jacob was so excited. He caught a 20 inch trout. He was so excited, Caleb was terrified of it.





"Jacob's Fish"

Jacob finishing up the job


It was too heavy for him to even hold.

Even though it was so cold and windy, it was a blast, just to see Jacob's face when he got that fish. Way to go buddy! You're our best fisherman.

8 comments:

Marie Says Yes said...

you know what? i am not a fisherwoman. but i would have totally gone to see that face!!!

melissa said...

Wow, that is a HUGE fish!! Maybe, I also am just not that great of fisher but I've never caught anything half that size...way to go Jacob!!

the Kates said...

sooo cute! I can't believe Jacob caught that BIG fish- wahoo Jacob!

Heather said...

Wow! Way to go Jacob! Just imagine what a great fisherman he'll be once he's older!

Karissa said...

Go Jacob! I am impressed that he isn't afraid at all. I'm with Caleb on the whole fishing thing. Here's a link to a video of how to make the collages if you are really interested. http://www.marthastewart.com/article/petit-collage?video_id=0&autonomy_kw=petit collage
If you haven't seen the video of Mario Lopez on Jimmy Falon you should go to NBC.com and check it out, it was so funny!

Ivy Lou said...

What cute fisherman you have!!!

TeamDall said...

That's seriously so cute. In the words of our dear friend, Quincy, "I CANNOT believe it!" How fun.

p.s. take Kissa's advice

Megan said...

Cute little fishermen! My dad is a huge fisherman and I grew up fishing my entire life. He and I have to take Payton because Jory thinks it is so BORING! Everything is boring to him unless it involves four hooves, mane and tail. :)