I am still alive. You might not think that is a very meaningful statement, but if you knew what I experienced this last weekend, then you would realize that this is a very important statement. My family and I ran the Wasatch Back relay in the Ragnar Relay Series. We have been training since January and we survived!!! It took our team of 12 runners 32 hours to run the 188 miles course. It was so awesome and it was totally worth all the hard work and preparation. We had a blast and surprisingly enough, almost all of us want to do it again. This picture of Burdette says it all. WE DID IT!!
Leg 1: 5.1 miles
Leg 2: 4.2 miles
Leg 3: 3.8 miles
Clay did so good. I have to be honest, I was really worried about him. He did awesome and he didn't even need to call the paramedics!!
Clay being worried!
This is Clay showing the Ambulance who's the boss! He didn't need it after all!

Clay's the man! Way to go honey!!
RoseAnna's Stats
Leg 1: 5.6 miles
Leg 2: 4.9 miles
Leg 3: 7.9 miles (up the side of a mountain!)
I honestly don't know how I survived that last leg!

This is me looking totally awesome while running!!
Our team of 12 runners was split into 2 vans. In our van we had my cousin Collin, Clay's cousin Catlin, Me, Clay, Burdette (my brother) and Collin's cousin Seth. We had a blast taking turns driving and running.
Here is Seth, Burdette, Collin and Me being so grateful for the Honey Buckets. I never thought I'd be so happy to us a port-a-potty.
Here is Seth, Catlin, Burdette and Collin waiting to cheer on Clay as he comes up a hill!Clay, Catlins medal, Seth
Collin, Me, Burdette
Here is our van members (minus Catlin) with our medals at the finish line!!
And finally, here is a picture of Clay and me right before I ran for the first time. It was honestly the coolest thing we have ever done!! I know it sounds crazy, but it was really fun.
Clay, Seth, Carrie (my cousin), Becca, Katrina, Emily (Becca's friend)
Michael (my cousin), Jeremy, Collin, Me and Burdette
Here's the whole team (minus Catlin) after the big finish. Our team was "12 Peas in a Pod" and our slogan was "Give Peas a Chance" hence the green shirts.
And finally, here is a picture of Clay and me right before I ran for the first time. It was honestly the coolest thing we have ever done!! I know it sounds crazy, but it was really fun. We're doing the Las Vegas part of this race in October if anyone want to join in :)
GO PEAS!!





18 comments:
Way to go! I think it is awesome that you and Clay did it together. One day I would like to do something like that!
Woo woo! I am SO proud of you guys! I'm glad that everyone finished safely and that no one had to use the ambulance. Thanks for letting us be your volunteers and for the Peas shirts! We love them :) You guys rock! Love you!
YAY! I am so impressed. I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourself and hopefully one day Will and I will join your team! :)
Congrats!!! That is so awesome that you and Clay did that together! I might just have to start training to see if I can even run a mile... lol
You are awesome! I have a lot of admiration for you at this time. I think Jessica's hubby did the same relay. Way to go!!
That looks like a blast. I totally want to do that race someday with my family.
I just couldn't be more proud of you my girl! Way to go peas!
Yes, way to go Peas! Great post! I think you guys got some great pics. Love ya!
um. i'm gonna repeat what i said to miss becca. worst idea i have ever heard of!!! and so glad you had fun!!! AUNT MARIE LOVES YOU.
Good job Roseanna! That is quite an accomplishment! I am very proud of you, while your in Vegas, let me know... i will hand you a cup of water while you run!
I am so jealous! I have wanted to do that for quite sometime, You have inspired me to go for it next year.
yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Go PEAS!!! You are awesome RoseAnna! I am so proud of my girl and I am also so glad that you are alive and that Clay did NOT need the ambulance- you all are amazing. I love you!
That's awesome. My body is just not built for such athleticisim. Glad to hear that you are both still alive too. :) Go peas!
Yeah! you looked so hot climbing that hill RoseAnna. It was so good to see you and your family! I need your email so I can invite you to my blog, give it to me now!
This is really wonderful! I know how much hard work you must have put into it! Congrats and way to go!!
hey what do you know I too survived Ragnar 2009. it could possibly be classified as one of the funnest times in my life. What time did you guys start???
Well done RoseAnna!!! When you are here for Ragnar Las Vegas I totally want to see you. We live here, and my husband will be running Ragnar Las Vegas too. We'll have to meet up somewhere along the race.
Awesome!!! That really is one amazing accomplishement!!! Go team peas!!! I might be interested in doing the las vegas one... let me know the details. Just as long as it is not hot hot hot!!! :)
Post a Comment